SMART, the "Spectroscopic Modeling Analysis and Reduction Tool," is a software package to reduce and analyze data from the Infrared Spectrograph (IRS) on the Spitzer Space Telescope. Updates/downloads
are provided on this web page from the development team at Cornell University.
"I just love the new version and the optimal extraction -- great job, thanks a lot!" --
"I used AdOpt [Advanced Optimal Extraction] a few weekends ago to extract a spectrum and it is amazing! Everyone
should try it!" --
[Re: super-resolution extraction] "I didn't know that (super-resolution) was going into this version! B and I have
always wanted to have all the sampling back..." --
- New version Download SMART package v8.2.7 (Jan 15, 2013). Note that if you changed the location of your user parameter directory (smart_bin) for previous installations (located by default in the smart/ directory), you should remove it before running the new version. Full instructions about installing SMART on your system are given in the Installation Guide. The complete list of changes is documented here.
- Main changes for versions >=8.2.4
- Compatibility with IDL 8.0 and 8.1
- Possibility to retrieve CASSIS spectra through interface (Tools menu)
- Main changes for versions >=8.2.3
- Changed calibration for S18.7.0 optimal extraction. The new calibration uses the same stellar templates as the ones used for the calibration for S18.18. Be sure to check the relevant documentation pages.
- Smart is in the process of being validated with IDL 8.0, stay tuned and contact us directly if you need the updated procedures before the next release.
We request that authors using data from the IRS and/or the SMART software include the following acknowledgements and citations in their papers :